Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Ups and the Downs

Well, we're making it through the long weekend with just me and the kids. It's been so hard being here, getting pictures via email and phone... but actually missing in person being able to see Shane. Stinks if you ask me... but I suppose if the road to obedience was easy, we'd follow it more often.

Anyways, I've a big "Up" in that, (as cheesy as this sounds), I think I found a new friend! Her son and Christian play on the same baseball team, and we have just hit it off! She also has four kids (although flip of us - 3 girls, 1 boy) and even though we've only been together 3x, it feels as though I've known her forever in some ways. I told Philip, after our second conversation at practice, that if you can talk about boob jobs, periods, birth control and more on only your 2nd conversation, I think you know you've found someone like minded!!!! :) We met on Friday morning and went shopping for stuff to make hairbows and such. I'm going to teach her how to make bows, pacifier clips and other stuff for all those girls in her house! I quickly discovered they are christians, and that they even visited some of the same churches we have! ANNNDD, to top it off, her husband's contracting company is the one that is lined up to do our new roof!! I actually met her Father in Law (didn't know it was him at the time), because her husband and FIL own the company.... Long story, but needless to say it's a small world and when God wants you to meet someone, He WILL make it happen! It has been such a pleasant surprise to meet her and find someone with whom I seem to get along so well... Each week here seems to be getting a little better!

AND, for our "downs".. please pray for Christian. If you don't know, he has struggled with nosebleeds for about 2+ years.. Well, since moving, they are much worse again. I took him to the dr on Thursday and we have an appointment with a pediatric ENT on Tuesday.. but he's had FIVE nosebleeds in the last 24 hours. I called the oncall doc.. who said I should still just wait til Tuesday, but it's just non-stop! It freaks him out quite often to see that much blood, and to be honest, I am SOOO tired of cleaning up blood (I think I found that I just might have a stomach for Labor and Delivery after all this!), and he's so tired of it too. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if we can move up the appointment to tomorrow, cause it's just out of control for a 5 year old. We've been up almost every night lately with a bloody nose, in the car, in the grocery store - everywhere! We *think* that they might need to cauterize something, which I haven't even told him because he would FREAK out.. but we just can't continue like this and we have tried EVERYTHING we've been told, to no avail. SO please pray for wisdom and for him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how God brings people into our lives? Only He can orchestrate such meetings as the one you have encountered with your new friend. I have several of those stories with my moves as well! He definitely has you there for a reason and He will keep shining those lights in your life. Have a wonderful day Erin!