Saturday, September 6, 2008

FRIENDS!! :)


I just wanted to say that I think God is answering my prayers for a friend/friends. Yesterday, one of the neighbor gals (who we see at the bus stop every afternoon) invited me out to have dinner with her sometime soon, as well as just an open invitation to say hi, get coffee, talk, etc. She seems very genuine and nice and I am really excited to go out with just a gal pal soon!!!


Then I met another Mom at Christian's baseball game today. She also has four kids, her youngest is 8 mos and oldest is 8... opposites though - she has 3 girls and 1 boy! She loved Trinity's headband with the flower on it and her pacifier clip and we are going to get together this week, so I can show her how to do them. Again, she seemed so nice and we really hit it off today at baseball. Her oldest daughter is also named Trinity!! It's really nice to feel like maybe I'm starting to make some connections and have a couple of people I know well enough to at least call for a playdate, and such. Just after the longest night comes the brightest morning!


I also wanted to say that I've been researching nursing schools, and along with Laura's help (who is an RN), I'm figuring out what I would have to do. In order to become an RN, I actually just need to get an Associate's Degree. Well, the first year almost of that is core curriculum, which I already have!!! I think I could actually finish in a year or so!! I still have some research to do, but I'm really excited about this! It's so amazing to me how God just opens doors and shows you new things all the time! And man, is it good to know that He's in control - not me!

No comments: