Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Picture catch up....



Trinity spent the baseball game chewing on everything!!

THought I'd add some of our pictures from the last week.. That was Trinity in her stroller at Christian's game... The boys eating at our bar, on their new barstools.. (they think that's the coolest EVER), me and my two big boys :), and Christian 'ready for action'. :)
Well, Philip's mom was here for 3 days and just left this morning... and man does the house feel empty! :) We've had Nancy, my dad and Karen all here in succession over the last month and it's always so empty when the company leaves! I might just add that it was SO nice to spend some time with her and I am one of those women who are blessed with a MIL that I adore! Many women have a love/hate relationship with their mother in laws... but it's all love here! She's like having my own mom here and I'm so sad to see her go. Why can't everyone else just move to Atlanta too? :)
Well, Michael started preschool today. We found a great place called "Child's Play" and I think he is going to do great! He will go Tues, Thurs and Fridays.. and all day yesterday, he was upset because he was "ready to go!" I think he's done a lot of maturing in the last year - though he has a ways to go, but I'm really hoping this will get him ready for kindergarten next year. This school has an amazing curriculum! They teach them sight words and phonics, letter identification, ... a whole slew of stuff I can't even list out - but to sum it up, she said most of their 4 to 5 year olds are reading by the time they go to kindergarten! That would be amazing for Michael, who I'm not even sure can say his whole ABC's yet! :) It's a bit of a financial stretch for us, but I feel like for him, it's so important...
Please continue to pray that our house in KS gets leased soon! We need to stop paying 2 mortgages! :) We had a great service at church Sunday, and the pastor talked about God's light, and how He generally only shows us step "A", even though we want him to show us "A through Z" all at once !AMEN brother! :) I'm a natural born planner and I would love to still know why we're here and why all these steps fell into place to bring us here... but God wants to show me just the NEXT step, so that I can learn to trust Him more and more... Well, I'm working on it, but it sure isn't in my nature. This whole move though, is definitely an exercise in learning to trust and it reaffirmed to us that we're where we should be.. just don't know WHY yet! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have LOVED to have heard that sermon. :)