Monday, October 27, 2008

Slowly but surely...

Slowly but surely, this feels like home. :) I actually have TWO whole friends here now. Friends that I talk to on a regular basis and who I can call if I need to talk or vice versa... what a good feeling. I still miss my friends back in KS so much that if I think about it much, my heart hurts.

YET, there is an overwhelming peace about being where God wants us to be. The sermon at church yesterday was about Jonah and running from God... and it was a great feeling to know that we are NOT running from Him, but have done (to the best we can) what we feel like He wants us to do. And, it's a really good feeling to not be church-hunting anymore. As we sat at our prayer couch Saturday night, thanking God for sending someone to lease our house and for all He has done for us, I again reiterated that this church, in so many ways, is the most unlikely of places for us. :) Yet, we started giving our tithe to this church this week (instead of sending it back to KS) and man - it feels very good to be more and more settled.

We did a little more decorating this weekend, while my dad was here. OUr house really feels like our home now. :) I feel like in many ways, that my heart is in two places... but that God is slowly but surely filling my heart here. I firmly believe He has us here for a reason, although those reasons are still revealing themselves day by day. We had many conversations with each other and others, before we moved, about how much easier it would have been to pack up our home and our kids to move away if God had called us to the ministry, or to missions or something that the 'churched' define as 'ministry'. Yet, He didn't. He simply called us to be obedient and to follow the urgings in our hearts to go to a city where we knew almost no one and had to rely soley on HIM. Maybe that alone was His simple calling... I don't know, but I'm thankful to be able to tell my kids as they get older.. "Why did we move to Georgia?" "Because God told us to". :)

On a last note, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having a prayer couch. In 8 years of marriage, we've never had something like this before, and in many ways, it's changing our prayer time together.
Please continue to pray for my dad through this week, and for the hiring company. I cannot even express how much we hope for him to get this job!!

No comments: