Thursday, October 16, 2008

Patience

For the past several days, I feel so often like I fail more as a parent than I succeed. If you don't know what I mean by that, then you probably shouldn't read the rest of this. :(

Let me begin by saying that three of my four kids are pretty easy kids. We have a few bumps in the road, but for the most part, they don't stretch me as a parent. Then, I have one of my children, who shall remain nameless in blogging world, ... who, well, stretches me. I can't decide if he is more like me than the others or the complete opposite, but no matter which one - I have days where I feel like I just can't WIN! Not that parenting is a win/lose situation, but you know what I mean. No matter what I do, this child is never happy, never content, never satisfied. If I give him chocolate milk, he wanted juice. If I give him juice, he wanted milk. Simple choices like "What do you want for breakfast" turn into a 20 minute argument because I don't fix it right, etc. I love this child more than words can express...but I just don't know how to get through to him!!!!!

I started thinking today how much God must identify. No matter what He gives me, I always find something else to want or complain about..... Gee, I feel like the pot calling the kettle black.
I'm glad that God continues to be patient with me, humble me, teach me and show me grace. Therefore I will continue to pray that I can do the same for my child and my children. God don't give up on me yet and I won't give up on them either!

No comments: