Thursday, August 7, 2008

Technology hates me!!!

So if you've tried to call me today or gotten my emails, you know that I'm having technology issues this week also! Can't live without it and hate living with it!

Our brand new, digital phone service has only been making outgoing calls since the day after the Comcast guy came. When you call in, you get a weird clicking sound (FYI if you tried to call me). I didn't discover this until AFTER I emailed out our new home phone number to the entire world, who then all called my cell saying "Hey, did you know your phone doesn't work?".. :) FOUR phone calls later, Comcast says they are coming out tomorrow to fix it. I seriously hate spending HOURS on the phone for one simple problem.

So I already have a phone that isn't getting calls in... and then I figured out after 4 days of voicemails showing up without the phone ringing that my cell phone is also not getting phone calls. Did I mention technology hates me? (I might mention that I worked in IT for five years... and it still hates me!). So now my home and cell phone both don't get calls! So THREE phone calls later to Sprint, turns out that I can't keep my Kansas area code without it screwing up our service .... so I had to say good-bye to another string to our 'old life'.... I know it's not the end of the world, but I just feel like I'm slowing have to cut each tie - day by day. I also might add that in the course of the nine-thousand tech support phone calls, they each ask me "are you calling from the phone having problems" ... "Well, of course I am".... to which they all tell me, "You'll have to call back from another number in order to diagnose the problem." And of course, there is no direct number back, so you have to call the main numbers and go through 10 rounds of "Dial 1 if you are a local customer" blah, blah, blah... I've spent more hours on the phone than I have unpacking this week!!!

I finally have a new Georgia cell phone number and Comcast is coming tomorrow to fix our home phone... so we're on the way to help. BUT, on top of getting thrown up on and unpacking and leaving everything we knew behind... I think I would covet some prayers!

On a slightly more positive note.. I do LOVE our house. I look at it at night when we put the kids to bed and am just in awe of where God has brought us... It's been hard to pick up and leave it all, but we do have a peace that we are exactly where He wants us. That goes a long way to getting you through puke and technical issues... I do hope to find some friends soon and a church, so if you think of us, say a prayer for some good friends! :)

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Thanks for sharing this.

I work for Comcast and I will be happy to reach out to my contacts to correct the problem.

If you need further assistance on this, please feel free to send me the phone number on the account at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com.

God Bless!

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com