Friday, August 22, 2008

Prayer for a friend

If you think of us, please continue to pray for us, as we adjust. Again, to find a church family. But today and last night (at my prayer couch), my new prayer is that God would bring me a friend. Gee, that sounds pitiful, but it's honest. I have and will always have the amazing friendships that God formed in Kansas City and Olathe, but I'm feeling very lonely here this week. It's odd not having someone to call for a playdate or to meet for coffee... It's been some really good time for me with Michael and Ethan, since Christian is at school. We've shared some good conversations (yes with a 2 and 4 year old), and again I know God has drawn us apart to draw us together, and to Him.... but I need an adult friend too. I miss my girlfriends. Philip is truly my best friend, but I need a girlfriend too. I know it takes time to find those and that I need to put myself out there... but if you say a prayer for me, I'd really like a girlfriend here.

No comments: