Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Georgia Flu Initiation

If you got my email before, you know that Ethan had the flu last Sunday morning (mind you, we've now been in our house a total of 6 days).... well, Michael got in bed with us last night about 2 am. 3 am - I am brutally and suddenly awakened to someone throwing up in my hair, on my chest and all over our bed. :( Michael caught the flu. And let me just say that this is BY FAR the worst smelling vomit I have ever smelled. Philip and I have both cleaned up our fair share of child-vomit and I kid you not - this is by far the worst EVER - BAR NONE! I had to run for the bathroom myself so I didn't lose my cookies - just from the smell! I just love taking showers at 3:30 am. :(

To top it off, we hadn't quite found our garden hose.. and there was chunks and all - so the sheets from our bed had to sit on the back porch til today when I could find. The clean up today was just as fun as last night. Tell me, WHO gets the flu in AUGUST????

So, of course, I have been obsessively washing my hands and lysol-ing everything in site. Way to christen our brand new house, boys! Welcome to Georgia!

1 comment:

hcvallad said...

Oh...chismosa....so sorry, but reading that was hilarious!!! I know that it is not funny at all to you but I can just picture you getting woken up by vomit....oh gosh....I am beginning to wonder if anything else can go wrong? Love you and miss you girl!