Thursday, August 28, 2008

A blessing!!!

Okay, make that many blessings... the little girl in this picture is one! :) This was from today... sorry for the fuzziness, but she just doesn't hold still very long anymore! Trinity has learned to wave on command and clap, as well as calling the dog. HA! I am not kidding. She yells "Bahhh" (for Bear) and then makes a kissing noise. Quite hysterical. I'll have to try to get it in video. I don't know many 9.999 month olds who call their dog!

But, God was granting me some favor today and reminded me that we're not alone! :) After the below mentioned phone call from Christian's teacher (which by the way, he never had a good reason for having said his Dad died.... We chose to 'let that one go' and maybe when he's 18, he can explain it!), I was sending her a follow up email today. I had also gone through some of his school papers today and one of them was an "about me" from their teachers. His teacher, Mrs. Massengale, had put in her "favorite music" category that she liked contemporary Christian music. WHAT? :) So I grabbed on and held on for dear life. In my email to her, I mentioned that I really enjoyed getting to know more about her and that I thought, based on her comment about music, that we share similar beliefs. Lo and behold, there ARE some other Christian's in Georgia! (YES, I am using sarcasm! HA!) AND, (Hold on to your drawers), she invited us to try their church! Yippee! :)
I want to also mention that there are 7 or 9 (can't remember) kindergarten classes in Christian's school. Yep, you heard me right. And, of all those classes and teachers, Christian was placed in HER class. Thank you, God. :) I'm so very delighted to find out he has a wonderful teacher... and to have been invited to someone's church! I believe we will be going there this Sunday, so cross your fingers! On a less sarcastic note, I really was encouraged to have found someone (especially someone who has influence on my child and whom he sees 5 days a week) who is verbal about their faith and has invited us to their church!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad about Christian's teacher. :) What a relief! I hope you guys just love the church this Sunday. I've been there before - in a new state, searching for a church family. It's difficult and takes awhile but I hope you guys find the perfect fit for your family very soon!