Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ready to goooo!

Last night Philip and I sat down with a list of bills, paper and a calculator! I did research all day on Dave Ramsey's steps, and we are all set to go! We actually already set aside our 1K emergency fund (out of money we got from his bonus. We were going to pay off a bill with it, but based on what Dave says, we're doing this). We have a list of the bills, amounts, and goals! I actually (being the Type A person I am) typed up 2009 Financial Goals List for us, complete with the month/date of when we plan to have that bill paid off and it's on my wall in front of my computer!! That way I can see it everyday and be reminded of our goals! I also (again, Type A person here!) made an excel spreadsheet for us so that we can track our goals and progress. I'm really excited to see our progress, so we can see how much debt we've paid off YTD. Seeing it on paper is SOOO good for my motivation level. I am SERIOUSLY excited about it! Mind you, none of this information is actually NEW information (except maybe the Emergency fund mindset). Sadly, Philip and I are just not good at doing what we know. BUT, I will have to say, we haven't ever actually come up with a 'plan' and goals and such. This is pretty new for us, and hopefully it will be life changing for us. We even left room for us to save up for family vacations, and other events!

The older boys went back to the respective schools today... and though I love them, THANK GOODNESS. There is something to be said for a schedule! I loved having everyone home for 2+ weeks, but after it's been raining for a week, I think we were all needing some mental stimulation! Ya for school! :)

No comments: