Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Okay, generally I'm not one to jump on the NY Resolutions-bandwagon... but I do have some things which are highly motivating me. Motivations, not resolutions. :)
1) I have gone back on Atkins. And to all you naysayers, who say that it's not necessary.. well, it's necessary for me. I gained over 5 lbs over the holidays.. and yes, that's not much, but it doesn't feel good when the jeans that were loose 2 weeks ago are now tight! I am still on my attempt to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. And its not really just about weight, it's about getting in shape and feeling good about who I am - even after having 5 children. So, I am ready to start doing wii fit and P90X. (If you don't know what p90X is, go to www.beachbody.com and check it out). My old college friend, Cara, sent me her day 1, day 45 and day 90 pics from doing P90X. I don't want to fork out the money for a gym membership, nor am I good lately and about wanting to put all the kids in the nursery there or take time away from Philip and the kids in the evening to go to a gym. SO, I have a treadmill in my basement, I have Wii Fit (which is seriously fun too) and P90X. Between those three, I should be able to have a variety of exercises at my hand and get my booty in shape (and yes, I meant that literallY0.

2) I am trying to get the book "Dave Ramsey's Total Money makeover". I am generally not one who likes to share or discuss our family's financial information... but I will just say in general that we have lots of student loans and more credit card debt than we should. We've learned some hard lessons in our marriage and have had more times than I like to admit that we were NOT good stewards of our money... and we are still paying for it. So I am getting on the Dave Ramsey wagon, and as the bill-payer in our family, we are GETTING ON TRACK. Got any tips, suggestions, encouragement? PLEASE share. ;)

Happy New Years all!

No comments: