Saturday, February 7, 2009

Old picture....


I am involved in a 8 week bible study about writing your own "Spiritual Autobiography". Well, it involves going back through your life and identifying your 'God moments' and the ways He has worked in and through your life. Well, if you know me, then you know one of the most significant events in our lives was the loss of our daughter, Alexandra.

In an attempt to really dig into some of those moments, I found a disc (yes, a floppy disc), which required finding a floppy drive - that had the story I had written after she died. It's the story of her time with us and what I learned about God during that time. Anyways, as I recovered the information on the disc, I found a set of pictures that I had thought long lost. We have 2 copies of these pictures actually printed, but I thought we lost the rest of them. And so.. I am posting one of them. For anyone who hasn't seen her... she had a tiny button nose, and light blonde hair... and will be forever remembered and missed.


Going through a spiritual autobiography is well... HARD. But, such a blessing. It's so hard to read those memories, so fresh and painful, and so sad to see her picture - and remember holding her in my arms for those few precious moments.. BUT - it's also so rewarding. Rewarding to see the ways God has used me these last 7 years. Matured me, and shown me his grace and mercy.... and to see these 4 beautiful children He has given us since. Amazing. It's truly amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin - I am honored to meet her. What a beautiful picture and a beautiful story. I followed your old blog through that journey and was touched by your story.