Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Flu Bug

Well, I haven't been good at updating lately... mostly because our family has had a run in with the flu bug. :( The flu, in a family of four kids, is SO not fun. Especially when one of them can't seem to throw up anywhere but in his bed or on the carpet. All I can say is that I'm glad we have a steam cleaner!!!

Today was our first healthy day and it was sooo nice to get outside for a few hours, in the 'real' world! Who knew grocery shopping could be so fun, because it doesn't involve cleaning up after someone!!! Seriously though... this is one of the hardest parts of 'mommyhood'... the constant well, being a mom! Cleaning up after them, wiping their noses and bottoms and necks... making sure their homework is done and their lunch is made and the sheets on the bed are clean, and their clothes are clean... the menial little tasks that you rarely getted thanks for, but are part of the everyday necessities. And even cleaning up puke. I have quite the gag reflex.... and well, I still managed to do it, despite spending the whole time just trying not to throw up myself.

Anyways, just an update on us.. we're just enjoying being well!

No comments: