Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The little things. :)

I am having a crappy day today. Seriously... it's too long to explain why, but between issues with Philip's job and old college, and our retarded health insurance company and their stinkin $1000 deductible (can you tell I'm not bitter!), I'm kind of crabby today. I'm human, people - we all have these days. I could sit here and tell you that I instantly 'let go' of it all and went about my day humming "Kumbya" and all that - but well, if you know me, then you know that would be a BIG fat lie. I do get there eventually, minus the humming part, but it takes me a little longer.

SO... anyways, cruddy day, cruddy attitude.. trying to be a good mom still. And then I checked my email. I got the following email from Christian's kindergarten teacher. :)

"Just wanted you to know that when we had our recent fire drill, your sweet son told Mrs. Payne not to worry, he was taking care of a particular student who usually needs someone to walk with him. He’s such a big boy!!!"

Now, my son didn't save the world today or bring me home a thousand dollars.. but he showed himself to be caring and thoughtful and kind. And that, my friends, stopped my day from being so cruddy. No matter what happens with jobs or insurance, it thrills my heart to know that I am (at least for today) raising kind-hearted and sweet kids. I am not sure (and she can tell me if I'm wrong), but I think the child in question, is a little boy in C's class that has down syndrome. I've seen him around the few times I've been in his class. I almost cried, because, my son - without prompting - went out of his way to take care of someone else. That's the kind of son I want to raise.. I want him to be Jesus to others around him.

Now, I just hope I can be that as much as he is. :)

No comments: