Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back from traveling!

Well, after a long absence on the internet world, I have returned! :) The kids and I were gone for 8 days and it was quite a whirlwind. I felt like I spent the entire week before we left, getting ready to go and then the day we've been back, I've spent trying to unpack and do laundry... and I still have neither one done! :) It's quite a task to get 4 kids halfway across the country with snacks, toys, blankies, pillows and everything else they need! I am happy to say though that I drove with just the kids and I, the entire journey to KC. We had a very nice dinner with Philip's Uncle Lynn and Aunt Gloria, who now live in Nashville. We then made it all the way to Paducah, KY and spent a very-unrestful night together in a hotel room. :( Other than that, we had few glitches in the road and got there Saturday afternoon. I now feel like I have conquered the world by driving 14 + hours with them all and still having my sanity!

We had a wonderful week with family and friends, and the boys especially enjoyed seeing everyone, since this was their first trip back since moving. The drive home was all in one day, but thankfully Philip was with us, so it was easier with 2 drivers (although harder to do it all in one day). I am just happy we all made it safe and sound there and back! We are looking forward to all our family coming to visit in about 3 weeks for Christmas!

I am also happy to report that when we got home, it actually felt like "home" now. I miss all our friends and family still, but it clicked, as we drove in our garage - we were home. Canton and Georgia are now home to us, and in spite of it all, that feels really good. Welcome home!

No comments: